Thursday, September 24, 2009

Shy? Me?

I think I know how all those actors feel when they don't go see themselves in the theatre.

I know, I know, it's not like my blog is big stuff.  No one's reading this, and my words aren't anything anyone's hanging on to, so why should I get so embarrased to share it with others?

BUT, what if someone DOES read it?  What if they think I'm too...too?  It's not that I write this for other's enjoyment, but for my own (I'm perfectly happy if someone does enjoy it, however).  So, why should I care?

In high school, counter to most everyone else, I honestly didn't put much value on my peer's opinions of me.  One of the "drama freaks" I liked myself, my friends liked me, so if I got a little wild and crazy (read: hyper and rambunctious) I didn't much care that others were rolling their eyes.  That's certainly not the case now.

More is at stake? I certainly value my good name more, and that of my family and children.
I respect and admire my peers much more now than I did before, too.

I felt this way about my fuquavision skit.  Everyone liked it.  I got a million complements (especially by those who got the Flight of the Conchords reference).  I was proud of it, too.  I was also mildly embarrased and bashful about sharing it with others not in the Fuqua scene.

I feel like the same person--but I'm not!

No comments:

Post a Comment