Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'll be home from Christmas

The Christmases I've spent at my house have been few and far between.  No matter where I've lived, Christmas just isn't Christmas if it isn't spent in Tucson.

The getting there is always great, and the being there is wonderful when managed well (we had a few socializing burn-out years before we figured out the right timing for our family). 

No matter how well my trip went, I always return a little weary, a little sad, a little too bootylicious for my pants.

I was going about the business of getting through the end of vacation doldrums (laundry, cleaning, unpacking, grocery shopping, cooking) in relatively good-if-snappy spirits when I was abruptly reminded: "God is faithful and will equip for all that needs to be accomplished!"

Well, there's a cold dash of water to the spiritual face!  I guess I need to add two more things to my laundry list: prayer and a long steep in the word of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment